Take this opportunity to study with Prof. Salustino Wong, at CEMOS - Barcelona!
2nd Edition starting in February 2021
The course will be dedicated to the study of one of the currents of thought within the school that is dedicated to the study of the Jing fang 經 方 families of formulas, with an innovative way of explaining them created by Prof. Huang huang (黃 煌 教授). This course will allow Internal Medicine specialists to easily and safely make Chinese Materia Medica formulations
This innovative way of explaining the formulas makes an association between the physical and physiological constitution of the patient and the formulas to be studied, which enables a better understanding of both the patient and the formula, thus allowing greater effectiveness at the clinical level.
During the lessons, students will have the opportunity to test the formulas studied. There will be daily practices of taking the pulse, abdominal palpation and channels. Also, when the student has acquired the necessary knowledge, we will start treating real patients. The whole course will have a practical objective.
- Prepare students clinically in the use of Chinese materia medica, and give them a valid tool to increase the effectiveness of treatments.
- Reading and understanding of classics,
- Study of Chinese medical terminology, study of Chinese language terminology, the plants and formulas will all be dictated in Chinese language,
- Study of literature and important physicians of Chinese medicine,
- Study of the history of Chinese medicine.
- Study of various basic aspects of Chinese medicine.
- Know how to adapt or modify Chinese medicine treatment within the current health context.
- Introduction to classical Chinese formulas and classical thought.
- Characteristics of the herbs, the quality and the taste of the herbs.
- Theory of the six levels.
- Different concepts of Jing Fang, Constitution 體質 (ti zhi), The syndrome of the materia medica 藥 證 (yao zheng), The syndrome of the formula 方 證 (fang zheng), The family of the formula 類 方 (lei fang)
- Preparation methods (different steps required to prepare a decoction);
- Introduction to pulse diagnosis Jing Fang.
- Introduction to abdominal diagnosis Jing Fang.
In each seminar there will be a discussion of each family of formulas and their main characteristics, followed by the individual study of each of the formulas that are part of it. Next, the original text of the Chinese formula will be translated, and when appropriate sinology of the Chinese characters is analyzed. Each component of the formula will be examined, with an emphasis on the most important. The constitution of each family of formulas will be given together with their possible clinical uses and their necessary modifications for the different indications. During the course, clinical cases will be presented and analyzed, decoctions will be made to test them, daily pulse and abdominal palpation practices will be done, as well as face-to-face clinical cases.
The seminars will be held on Sunday with a duration of 8 hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 1st seminar: February 21, 2021.
- 2nd seminar: March 21, 2021.
- 3rd seminar: April 25, 2021.
- 4th seminar: May 23, 2021.
- 5th seminar: June 20, 2021.
- 6th seminar: September 26, 2021.
- 7th seminar: October 24, 2021.
- 8th seminar: November 28, 2021.
Professionals and students of acupuncture and / or Chinese medicine.